/design/business/personal/ideas/ /desain/arsitektur/ Blog of Raul Renanda www.renanda.com

Monday, November 27, 2006

Simply Amazing....Jak Jazz











I am not happy the Jak(arta) Jazz Festival show "quality", the artist and bands not as great as the 'ol Jak Jazz...I was hoping this is more "into the core" of the Jazz performance compared to the commercialized Java Jazz...but there are "masters" who help saving my day, Indra Lesmana (me as a fan-atic) Bubi Chen, Jeremy Monteiro and of course Luluk Purwanto....

Indra play to discontruct his own music, maybe this time he'd rather goes to free jazz...as the song titled Joy-Joy-Joy brings back my high school memory, he played as he "whatever he like" last night, I'm not happy at all...little structured should be better I think, than too free..for the kinda song. Sadly I have to give thumbs down. On the other hand...My love with Luluk and Renee is greater ever...the song "Aisha" with African touch makes me a happy man!

Nevertheless, my first love was Indra Lesmana, and as a "lover" I think I better give him a break. ;-)

No comments: