/design/business/personal/ideas/ /desain/arsitektur/ Blog of Raul Renanda www.renanda.com

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Just let the Pro' doing his things...

Last nite was Baron & Kafilah show on my high school alumni reunion. Definitely I am the focus on the show, knowing that Baron only some of them knowing him well, and maybe most of them "heard the name but doesn't know who he was or he is". It also very clear why we were there, because I am the alumni too.

The crowd were busy with themselves, they keep talking to each other 'coz they rarely meet each other, and not put much attention to the stage, this is not a new situation for me, I know this will happen as we sing on the stage and the people didn't care about it. So based on that 'knowledge', when I was on the stage, I thought that I can control the situation, I said "assalmualaikum" pretty loud, no one cares, at the second time..it also the same...well, I giving up..and gave the microphone to Irang Arkad, one of the vocalist in Baron & Kafilah...when he took the mic and start to sing, the the crowd as loud as hell, Irang said "assalmualaikum...", it's not louder than me, and compared to me, I was standing, and Irang was sitting on then bench..and guess what, the crowd silenced for a while.

At that moment on stage, I was thinking to myself,
It's the same stage, same moment, same people, even, same "words"...but the effect was, very different. Some says, "it's how you say it". Me says, "it's how professionally you do it". It is very clear that Irang IS the real singer and artist, and me? a designer playing as a singer. It's not the same. Not the same.

So, if we thing we can do it the same thing as what the professional do, think again. We're not. Focus, determination, experience, and life-death matters here. Irang do singing as his main job, me do sing, 'coz I like it to. It's not the same.

Think it over, so It goes with me as designer/architect. Many of my client, think, especially about interior and building their own hosue, think they know better or at least equal the architect, or they know/trust someone better. But then again, because I sleep, I breathe, I dream about design every single time God giving me, I know, I am the Pro.


Please, let the Pro, do their job...and you can sleep, eat better.

No comments: