/design/business/personal/ideas/ /desain/arsitektur/ Blog of Raul Renanda www.renanda.com

Thursday, November 23, 2006

It's good to know that I am wrong....











www.renanda.com has been online almost a year, and I also planning to revamp it next month for 2007.

It is still not consider as a perfect website, but at least it does the job, delivering my works to the world. Anyway, no one complaining about my website and I thought I works well, until....last night. It so amazing that while I chat whit two my best friend via online messenger, none of them, know what to do with the "menu" button.

If they don't know what to with it (that simply just clicked it and the menu expands to sub menu i.e. "gallery, contact, etc.) how can they access my gallery? and If those two which I believe pretty savvy with computer don't know what to do, how about the 'rest of the world'? surely there still many of the people visit the website know what to do, but then again, the purpose of the website is to show to ALL the visitor right?
I rush to the website, and change the menu into the "traditional" one. The one that I believe "get the job done".

So now, I really, truly understand the words "bottom line design" means.
So sorry. Again, how we can improve ourselves if no body tells us what's wrong with us? be open mind, and let people criticizing you, the people who tell you what's wrong with you, is your best friend....

No comments: